Monday, May 19, 2014

Easy Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

Several weeks ago, my niece who is a two-year old was brought by my sister to our house.  Prior to their arrival, her nanny kept convincing me to make my homemade ice cream.  It was not so long ago that I started making an ice cream.  She happened to savor the ice cream I made during that time and she wanted me to make one upon their coming.

At first, I was doubtful.  It has been a couple of months since the last time I made a homemade ice cream.  Nevertheless, when they arrived, my niece's nanny continue to tease me to make an ice cream, so I gave in.

Making an ice cream is not that difficult.  In fact, I only knew how to make one through the internet.  The photo above is one of my finished products.  I am no expert in making ice creams but I have made a number of them for personal and not for commercial purposes.

Since I started making an ice cream, I have not used an ice cream maker.  I cannot find one here in our city.  For that reason, I make use of a hand mixer.  The ice cream in the photo is originally a simple chocolate ice cream not a rocky road ice cream.  I just added some marshmallows, minute chocolates, cashew nuts and sprinkles depending on who is eating the ice cream for there are those who do not want marshmallows, sprinkles, etc., and prefer a plain chocolate ice cream.

The ingredients for this ice cream include an evaporated milk, cream, condensed milk and cocoa.

How to make an ice cream without an ice cream maker?  It is simple.  Just observe the following:

First, mix the cocoa and condensed milk.

Second, combine the evaporated milk and cream and place it in your hand mixer.

Third, using your hand mixer, mix the evaporated milk and cream until the mixture sticks into your hand mixer.

Fourth, combine "First" and "Second."  Stir slowly.  It will look like the photo below.

Fifth, constantly stir the mixture until the color becomes brown as shown below.  
Your mixture should look exactly as the photo above before freezing it.  Place this mixture in an airtight container then freeze.  After that, you'll have your own easy homemade ice cream.

My niece's nanny loved it and ate a lot of it, lol.  Of course, my sisters and my husband, too, took a taste of it.  Even I can not resist it. 

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates